UCAS Hints & Tips
Hints and tips for applying for University or College.
1. Research and shortlist the courses they’re interested in -search.ucas.com.
2. Attend university and college open days - www.ucas.com/open-days.
3. If your son or daughter can’t attend open days, they can look at virtual tours and videos from universities and colleges so they can see what it’s like on campus and what facilities are available - www.ucas.com/virtual-tours.
4. Know the application deadline for the courses they choose - www.ucas.com/whentoapply.
5. Register online with UCASE Apply - www.uscas.com/apply.
6. Send their application to UCAS by the relevant deadline.
7. Apply for student finace support. Check out the money advice for parents - www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/student-finance/money-advice-parents.
8. Regularly check their emails for updates from UCAS about their application.
9. Understand the conditions of the offers they’ve received.
10. Know when they must reply to their offers.
11. Use Track to reply to offers before the reply deadline - www.ucas.com/replies.
12. Use Extra if they have no offers - from February 2015 - www.ucas.com/extra.
13. Make sure they are around in August to receive their results.
14. Have a plan for Clearing or Adjustment if their results aren’t what they expected - www.ucas.com/examresults.
UCAS have Facebook and Twitter pages that can be used to get advice and answer questions. More information is also available via the link above.